Reinforcing thoughts have arrived this afternoon, so I'm jotting them down lest I forget:
- Any enemy who comes against me is my Father's enemy, too.
- Oh, and did I mention that my Dad is the Lord of hosts, the God of the angelic armies?
- The problems and enemies may be too big for me, but He is too big for them. My strength, wisdom, and adequacy are not the determining factors in this battle. (Thanks, Lisa!)
- With His help, five smooth stones are four more than I need.
- "The LORD who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine" (1 Sam. 17:37, HCSB). Remembering His grace and victory in the past gives me courage for the present.
David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with a dagger, spear, and sword, but I come against you in the name of the LORD of Hosts, the God of Israel's armies— you have defied Him. Today, the LORD will hand you over to me.... Then all the world will know that Israel has a God, and this whole assembly will know that it is not by sword or by spear that the LORD saves, for the battle is the LORD's. He will hand you over to us" (1 Sam. 17:45-47, HCSB).**********
Yes, this is a second post in a single day, but perhaps someone out there needed it as much as I did? Y'all are a blessing to me. Thank you for sharing your day with me.
Dear Lovely Heart,ReplyDelete
I am so thankful spoken Truth is your weapon of choice! Powerful indeed. May He continue to go before you, supplying just what you need in each moment. And may that constant Source of Provision declare to those lying shadows lurking in the dark corners that you are His Beloved Child!! Your words are so very precious. Precious.
@Anne Truth is the only real weapon against those lying shadows, isn't it? Thank you, thank you, thank you for this prayer and your faithful encouragement. I'm thankful for you and your wisdom.ReplyDelete
Truth rooted in Love is the ultimate weapon and comfort in battle. Saying a prayer for you now, dear soul. The safety of your words speaks peace.ReplyDelete
@Amy Thank you, sister! May the Lord keep blessing your time off this week.ReplyDelete
"With His help, five smooth stones are four more than I need." Fresh thought for me today, thank you.ReplyDelete
The Word of God is the weapon, and the remembrance of His mighty past victories offers a well of hope!
And this too, "My strength, wisdom, and adequacy are not the determining factors in this battle." Oh, yes, so thankful for that! What hope would there be, if I had to rely on these?
I'm thankful for your words today; very encouraging. I'm printing it out and will add my own, as the Father inspires. Thank you, dear fellow sister Crumble.
@pathoftreasure Yes and amen to all you write!ReplyDelete
No hope at all for me if the battle depended on my strength, wisdom, or adequacy. None at all.
What a lovely encouragement! Please stop back by or jot me an e-mail with your additional thoughts. I know I can learn from you. You are most welcome, my sister.