Reinforcing thoughts have arrived this afternoon, so I'm jotting them down lest I forget:
- Any enemy who comes against me is my Father's enemy, too.
- Oh, and did I mention that my Dad is the Lord of hosts, the God of the angelic armies?
- The problems and enemies may be too big for me, but He is too big for them. My strength, wisdom, and adequacy are not the determining factors in this battle. (Thanks, Lisa!)
- With His help, five smooth stones are four more than I need.
- "The LORD who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine" (1 Sam. 17:37, HCSB). Remembering His grace and victory in the past gives me courage for the present.
David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with a dagger, spear, and sword, but I come against you in the name of the LORD of Hosts, the God of Israel's armies— you have defied Him. Today, the LORD will hand you over to me.... Then all the world will know that Israel has a God, and this whole assembly will know that it is not by sword or by spear that the LORD saves, for the battle is the LORD's. He will hand you over to us" (1 Sam. 17:45-47, HCSB).**********
Yes, this is a second post in a single day, but perhaps someone out there needed it as much as I did? Y'all are a blessing to me. Thank you for sharing your day with me.