This hour-long interview of One Thousand Gifts author Ann Voskamp by Dr. Marvin Olasky of Patrick Henry College encouraged me in so many ways when I viewed it Saturday. The following topics most challenged and resonated with me:
- the dedication required of her whole family during the writing process and subsequent speaking engagements,
- how she approaches the writing/blogging discipline from both logistical and spiritual perspectives,
- how trusting God when His ways don't make sense to us compares to feeding on manna from His hand,
- her response to the popularity of her book and blog,
- how she reads and how her reading informs the writing process, and
- what God is doing in her right now.
If you yourself practice writing, if Ann's story in the book blessed you, or if you are a home educator in need of encouragement, this video would, I think, be well worth your time. Settling in for a quiet hour to listen and learn from the conversation recorded here was a highlight of my week.
|Sharing with Michelle, even though I heard it Saturday.